When ordering at tables, the waiter can print the order directly in the kitchen or in other areas where a printer is available. To do that, you need to buy a thermal printer (all those supporting the ESC/POS language are compatible), install it in your pc and install the specific software for ZaK. Let's see all the steps to make the connection and print!
1. Install QzTray in your pc
Frst of all you need to install a specific software called QzTray on your computer. You don't have to install it every time, you only need to do this step the first time. The software is free and secure: ZaK has a certified connection with QzTray.
This software allows all devices connected to the same Internet Network to communicate with the thermal printer (or even more than one, because for example you can have one in the bar area, one in the pool area, one in the kitchen, etc).
To install it, click on the link indicated in the ZaK page:
↳ Useful Link: ZaK > Settings > Configurations > Local Printing
Once clicked on the orange box, choose in which folder of your computer you'd like to save the file:
QzTray will now be downloaded and saved in the folder of your choice. You will have completed the installation!
2. Launch QzTray in the pc
3. Install the printer in your pc
4. Enter the IP of your pc
Now you have to enter in ZaK the local IP address (LAN) of the computer where you installed QzTray. We can't provide you this data, because it depends on the operating system you use. In order to find it, we recommend that you look for instructions on the Internet, for example by typing "How to find the local IP address for Windows".
Once you have found the IP, enter it in the specific field and save:
5. Print orders (from pc or mobile)
Your printer is now correctly connected! Thanks to Kylix Restaurant Module, waiters will be able to take orders at the tables from their phone/tablet and then print the order through the thermal printer. The order will arrive directly in the kitchen or wherever you installed the printer.
☞ Docs: ZaK - Kylix: Restaurant Module
6. Authorise wubook.net to connect to QzTray
Important information for mobile printing
- While the waiter is printing from the mobile device, the computer where QzTray is installed must be turned on, with QzTray running.
- The mobile device and the computer with QzTray must be connected to the same Internet Network.
- If you have already installed the thermal printer on the PC, then you don't need to install it on the mobile device as well. This must only be done if you're not using QzTray.